Vegan gluten free brownies packed with protein!
Fudgy, gluten free and chocolatey brownies with no refined sugar (unless you want it) packed with protein! I don't often use protein powder but one of my lovely customers asked if I could use her protein powder to make treats for her wellness party. I love a challenge!
I was surprised how easy it was to incorporate protein powder into brownies. I used it in place of flour and added a bit more cacoa and sweetener to take it to the next level.
And me being me, I decorated the top of each brownie with peanut butter, raspberry chia jam, dried fruit and other pantry items. This made them a whole lot of fun to eat haha.
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
Vegan protein brownies
- 1 cup blanched almond meal
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup cocoa or raw cacao powder
- ½ cup plant-based milk, such as almond, soy or coconut
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup vegan protein powder, (I used a sweetened plain protein powder so if your powder isn't sweetened, feel free to add more sugar)
- 2 tablespoons light-tasting vegetable oil, such as sunflower or rapeseed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix until combined.
- Pour mixture into a lined brownie tray about 20x20cm.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer can be inserted and it comes out clean.
- Rest for 10 minutes, slice, decorate as desired and enjoy!