This Moroccan-inspired vegetable traybake is easy, healthy and soo tasty! It's packed with plant-based protein, wholesome vegetables and has an irresistible spiced dressing.
What you can expect from this tray bake
If you need a no-fuss healthy vegan dinner, you only need 15 minutes of prep to make this vegetable traybake! Or if you need an incredibly tasty side to your main course such as my rainbow lasagne or Greek lasagne, this traybake is perfect.
This recipe is packed with pumpkin, cauliflower, capsicum, chickpeas and onion, from my local quality grocer Harris Farm Markets. However, this isn't just a bunch of simple roast vegetables. It has a game-changing spiced dressing!
Alternatively, if you're after something similar but more 'portable', check out my Moroccan Chickpea Hand Pies.
How to make this vegetable tray bake
The most energy-consuming step in this recipe is chopping up the vegetables. However, once you've prepped the vegetables it's easy as pie (or easy as tray bake)!
First, you need to half-bake your pumpkin and cauliflower. Those veggies take the longest time to bake so need to be baked first! Don't worry if your vegetables are unevenly cut, like my haphazard veggies below...
Drizzle the veggies in a little olive oil (or skip if you are oil-free) then bake it for 15 minutes.
Making the simple spiced dressing
While the pumpkin and cauliflower are baking, simply add all the dressing ingredients to a bowl and mix. It's simple and no fuss!
I'd recommend mincing or chopping the garlic as finely as possible as we want the flavours to be evenly distributed amongst the veggies.
The final steps!
Remove the half-baked vegetables from the oven and scatter the remaining vegetables on top. Drizzle all the dressing on the vegetables and roughly toss them (or rub them in). Just be careful to not burn yourself!
As always, the full instructions are in the recipe card below :).
How to serve the vegetables
Just before serving, I love sprinkling a few handfuls of sultanas on the tray. Their natural sweetness complements the spices and heightens the vegetables!
The spices are also beautifully balanced out with a few dollops of coconut yoghurt (or your choice of dairy-free yoghurt).
Or if you like a bit more 'zing', squeeze some lemon juice on your traybake!
You can enjoy the traybake with some rice, quinoa or grains. Alternatively, you can serve it as an exciting side dish to your healthy vegan dinner!
More comforting vegan dinner recipes
Moroccan Vegetable Tray Bake
- Preheat oven to 200°C (390°F).
- Arrange cauliflower florets and pumpkin on a lined baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil (as little or as much as you want) and toss the vegetables so they're covered in the oil. Bake for 15 minutes or until the pumpkin is just tender.
- WhiLe the cauliflower and pumpkin are baking, add all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until combined.
- Remove the hot tray from the oven and add the capsicum, chickpeas and onion. Drizzle the dressing on top and carefully rub it into the vegetables (be careful not to burn yourself).
- Return the tray to the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until all the vegetables are tender and the spices are fragrant.
- Just before serving, dollop the coconut yoghurt on top and sprinkle with sultanas. Garnish with smoked paprika and serve with lemon wedges.
This recipe also appeared on the Harris Farm Market website.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.