Delicious protein packed vegan pasta with a hummus pesto sauce. Addictive, healthy and easy.
So, I'm a bit tired of having normal pasta sauces such as tomato, bolognese and alfredo. Here, I combined two of my favourite flavours, basil pesto and hummus and made a wonderfully comforting pasta dish.
The hummus gives the pasta a creaminess and the pesto makes it wonderfully nutty and earthy. The cherry tomatoes gives the pasta some life and freshness.
If you prefer hummus as a dip, see my epic hummus platter.
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
If you try this recipe, I would love to hear about it! Comment below and rate it as it would really help us and other readers! If you post it on social media, tag @rainbownourishments and #rainbownourishments.
Hummus pesto pasta
- 4 serves uncooked pasta, gluten-free if needed
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas
- 1 ½ cup basil leaves, loosely packed
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil, or water
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts
- ¼ cup vegan cream cheese, optional
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- Add the chickpeas, basil, oil/water, garlic, tahini, ¼ cup pine nuts, vegan cream cheese and salt to a food processor. Process until as smooth as possible.
- Mix sauce with pasta and cherry tomatoes. Garnish with remaining pine nuts and enjoy!
Leave a Comment and Rating!