So, I’m a bit tired of having normal pasta sauces such as tomato, bolognese and alfredo. Here, I combined two of my favourite flavours, basil pesto and hummus and made a wonderfully comforting pasta dish. The hummus gives the pasta a creaminess and the pesto makes it wonderfully nutty and earthy. The cherry tomatoes gives the pasta some life and freshness.
This dish was a little inspired by Bosh’ hummus pasta recipe. I thought about combining hummus with pasta previously but thought it was a little too weird for those who follow my blog. But when Bosh released their recipe, I thought ‘you know what?! I’m just going to be myself and do what I want for once’. So here’s my frankenstein dish!
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
If you try this recipe, I would love to hear about it! Comment below and rate it as it would really help us and other readers! If you post it on social media, tag @rainbownourishments and #rainbownourishments.
Hummus pesto pasta
- 4 serves uncooked pasta
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas
- 1 1/2 cup basil leaves, loosely packed
- 3/4 cup olive oil or water
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 tbs tahini
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup vegan cream cheese, optional
- 1 tsp any good quality salt
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- Add the chickpeas, basil, oil/water, garlic, tahini, 1/4 cup pine nuts, vegan cream cheese and salt to a food processor. Process until as smooth as possible.
- Mix sauce with pasta and cherry tomatoes. Garnish with remaining pine nuts and enjoy!