The easiest vegan peach crisp using ripe peaches and pantry staples. Gluten-free, no oil but the perfect comfort food!
This dessert is perfect for Summer or the beginning of Autumn when you want to use up your leftover ripe peaches. It only takes 10 minutes to prepare and up to 20 minutes to bake.
It's healthier than most apple or peach crisps because it has no oil or butter. That means we can eat more of it, right?!
However, if you really prefer a classic buttery apple crumble recipe, see my vegan apple crumble pie.
Ingredients you'll need for this vegan peach crisp
You will need:
- Ripe peaches (you can use yellow or white or a mixture)
- Rolled oats
- Corn flour/starch
- Brown/coconut sugar and maple syrup
- Smooth almond butter as our oil/butter substitute
- Almond meal/flour or flour of choice
And basic pantry ingredients including cinnamon, lemon juice (optional), vanilla extract (optional) and salt of course!
I used the juiciest imperfect pick peaches from my local Harris Farm Markets in Sydney (not sponsored)!
How to make this easy peach crisp
Simply, add the chopped peaches to a casserole dish and toss until combined.
Mix the oatmeal topping ingredients in a bowl and sprinkle it on top of the peaches. Then BAKE!
I've created a video showing step-by-step how to make this vegan peach crisp. If you can't see the video, you may have an ad-blocker installed!
Customising the recipe
Feel free to add other fruit such as apples or blueberries to the crisp! If you add apples, make sure they are the same firmness as the peaches otherwise they'll cook unevenly. If the apples are much more firm, you may need to par-cook them on the stovetop beforehand.
See my other vegan peach and nectarine recipes
Video showing how to make this easy vegan crisp:
Easy Vegan Peach Crisp (oil-free)
- 6 (~250g)* medium-size ripe peaches, cored and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp (~20g) brown or coconut sugar, to taste
- 2 tbsp (14g) corn flour or starch
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, optional
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, optional
- Preheat oven to 170°C (340°F). Grease your casserole tray or pie dish if needed (I used a rectangular casserole dish about 28x15 cm or 11x6 inches).
- Add all the ingredients directly to your casserole tray. Toss until combined and set aside.
- Add all the ingredients to a medium-size bowl. Use your hands or a spoon to mix until well combined. The mixture should have small chunks but break apart when crumbled.
- Evenly sprinkle the topping on your peaches.
- Bake the crisp/crumble in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and the peaches in the middle of the tray are tender.
- Serve hot or warm with vegan ice cream or yoghurt. Leftovers will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days. Enjoy!
Please leave a comment below if you made this recipe, have any questions or thoughts! Your comment will help other readers and Rainbow Nourishments.