Easy and FLUFFY baked vegan blueberry pancake. You only need one bowl, an oven-safe tray and simple pantry ingredients.
I love pancakes but I honestly don't enjoy cooking them as they can be difficult to flip especially if you don't have a non-stick frying pan.
However, this no-flip easy baked pancake gives you all the fluffy deliciousness of conventional pancakes with 100 x less work and stress.
Ingredients for making this baked vegan blueberry pancake
You'll need only simply pantry staples including:
- Plain, spelt or wholemeal flour. I used wholemeal because extra fiber in the morning is always great
- Plant-based milk. Any type will do!
- Baking powder
- Neutral-tasting oil. I used a light olive oil but any other liquid oil will work.
- Coconut sugar or regular sugar
- Salt to bring out the flavor of the pancake (optional)
- Touch of cinnamon and nutmeg as they give the pancakes a real 'bakery' taste, smell and feel! (optional)
- Fresh or frozen blueberries
Now, you do NOT need animal-derived ingredients to make the pancake. Instead of eggs, we're using extra baking powder. This will set the pancake and make it rise!
How to make this blueberry vegan pancake
Simply add all the dry ingredients to a bowl and whisk until there are no big lumps. Add the wet ingredients and whisk until it's as smooth as possible. There might be a few lumps but as long as they aren't lumps of flour, it's good to go.
When the batter is ready, I folded in some blueberries!
Now, instead of precariously pouring the batter into perfect puddles in a frying pan, pour ALL the batter into an oven-safe pan. I used a cast iron pan but you normal pan (as long as it doesn't have a plastic handle) or a round or rectangular casserole dish.
Then bake away! It will take only 20 or so minutes.
How to serve vegan pancakes
Similar to conventional pancakes, you can stack these pancakes and drizzle it with allll the maple syrup. My favorite pancake accompaniments are:
- Fresh fruit which are naturally soft like berries
- Stewed fruit like apples, pears
- Something creamy such as coconut yogurt or ice cream
- Something syrupy like maple, coconut or rice malt syrup.
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
More vegan breakfast recipes
Baked Blueberry Pancake (vegan)
- 2 ½ cups (310g) whole wheat flour, spelt flour or all-purpose plain flour
- ¼ cup (40g) granulated sugar, or coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon (8g) baking powder
- Pinch of salt, ground cinnamon and vanilla, optional to taste
- 1 ½ cups (375g) dairy-free milk
- 3 tablespoons (45g) neutral flavored oil
- 1 cup (150g) frozen or fresh blueberries
- 1 cup (150g) fresh blueberries
- coconut yogurt, optional to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Add all the dry ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix until there are no lumps. Add all the milk and oil then mix until smooth and combined. The batter should be thick but pourable (like a typical pancake batter). Fold in 1 punnet of blueberries.
- Pour the pancake batter into a well-seasoned cast iron pan (mine was 28 cm / 11 inches wide) or oven-safe casserole dish.
- Bake the pancake for 20 minutes or until a skewer can be inserted into the middle and it comes out clean.
- Top the pancake with coconut yoghurt and remaining blueberries. Serve immediately!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.