Wholesome Asian greens bowl with marinated tempeh drizzled with tahini!
I test out A LOT of sweets in my kitchen but sometimes I just want a real savoury meal with lots of greens! And I definitely want a proper savoury meal to fill me up so I don't snack aimlessly on cake haha.
This nourish bowl will definitely fill you up. It has satiating carbs from the brown/red rice, good fats from the avocado and protein from the tempeh.
I marinated the tempeh with coconut aminos and baked it in the oven for ease. If I can bake something rather than saute it, I'm 100% there! I paired it with blanched veggies, drizzled it with straight tahini and created my perfect meal!
I eat a very simplified version of this on a day-to-day basis... that means, I'll just have 1-2 greens, some sort of plant-based protein and carbs/rice if I'm lucky. Feel free to mix and match vegetables with this recipe!
I hope you enjoy this simple recipe!
Other healthy vegan lunch ideas
Asian greens and tempeh nourish bowl
Rice and vegetables
- ¼ cup uncooked brown rice, plus 2 tablespoons of red rice for colour if desired
- 1 head bok choy
- 1 bunch broccolini
- ½ cup green beans
- ½ cup edamame beans
- ½ avocado, sliced
To prepare the marinated tempeh:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Arrange the sliced tempeh on a large baking tray or casserole dish so no pieces are overlapping.
- In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, sugar and sesame oil. Drizzle or brush the marinade on both sides of the tempeh.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the tempeh is golden.
For the rest of the bowls:
- Cook the brown rice according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, chop and steam the broccolini, green beans, bok choy and edamame as desired.
To make the dressing:
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl and whisk until combined. Add more tahini to thicken or more water to thin out, if desired.
- Arrange rice, tempeh and greens in bowls, drizzle with the dressing and enjoy immediately. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.