Wholesome Asian greens bowl with marinated tempeh drizzled with tahini!
I test out A LOT of sweets in my kitchen but sometimes I just want a real savoury meal with lots of greens! And I definitely want a proper savoury meal to fill me up so I don't snack aimlessly on cake haha.
This nourish bowl will definitely fill you up. It has satiating carbs from the brown/red rice, good fats from the avocado and protein from the tempeh.
I marinated the tempeh with coconut aminos and baked it in the oven for ease. If I can bake something rather than saute it, I'm 100% there! I paired it with blanched veggies, drizzled it with straight tahini and created my perfect meal!
I eat a very simplified version of this on a day-to-day basis... that means, I'll just have 1-2 greens, some sort of plant-based protein and carbs/rice if I'm lucky. Feel free to mix and match vegetables with this recipe!
I hope you enjoy this simple recipe!
Other healthy vegan lunch ideas
Asian greens and tempeh nourish bowl
- 300 g tempeh, sliced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, coconut sugar or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil, (optional)
Rice and vegetables
- ¼ cup uncooked brown rice, plus 2 tablespoons of red rice for colour if desired
- 1 head bok choy
- 1 bunch broccolini
- ½ cup green beans
- ½ cup edamame beans
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, or to taste
- Dash of lime juice, or lemon juice, to taste
To prepare the marinated tempeh:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Arrange the sliced tempeh on a large baking tray or casserole dish so no pieces are overlapping.
- In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, sugar and sesame oil. Drizzle or brush the marinade on both sides of the tempeh.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the tempeh is golden.
For the rest of the bowls:
- Cook the brown rice according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, chop and steam the broccolini, green beans, bok choy and edamame as desired.
To make the dressing:
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl and whisk until combined. Add more tahini to thicken or more water to thin out, if desired.
- Arrange rice, tempeh and greens in bowls, drizzle with the dressing and enjoy immediately. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
Beautiful presentation and very appetizing. I'm looking forward to trying it this week!
Thanks so much Ruth! Let me know how you go 🙂
Another lovely recipe Anthea - thank you. I look forward to trying it very soon....maybe tomorrow?
A long time ago when I was on holiday I bought a "rainbow vegetable slice" and it was so delicious. I'm not very creative in the kitchen (I prefer to garden : )) so I was wondering if you could come up with a similar recipe....the criteria,lots of veg, make it delicious (of course) and pretty : ) Well your recipes always look divine and so pretty....not to mention that they taste pretty good too. So not too hard a challenge : )
I hope that your days are filled with rainbows. Angela X
Your recipe is great. I want to receive your create recipe.