Wholesome Asian greens bowl with marinated tempeh drizzled with tahini!
I test out A LOT of sweets in my kitchen but sometimes I just want a real savoury meal with lots of greens! And I definitely want a proper savoury meal to fill me up so I don't snack aimlessly on cake haha.
This nourish bowl will definitely fill you up. It has satiating carbs from the brown/red rice, good fats from the avocado and protein from the tempeh.
I marinated the tempeh with coconut aminos and baked it in the oven for ease. If I can bake something rather than saute it, I'm 100% there! I paired it with blanched veggies, drizzled it with straight tahini and created my perfect meal!
I eat a very simplified version of this on a day-to-day basis... that means, I'll just have 1-2 greens, some sort of plant-based protein and carbs/rice if I'm lucky. Feel free to mix and match vegetables with this recipe!
I hope you enjoy this simple recipe!
Asian greens and tempeh nourish bowl
- ½ cup uncooked brown rice, plus 2 tablespoons of red rice for colour if desired
- 400 g tempeh
- ¼ cup soy sauce, tamari or coconut aminos
- 1 bunch of broccolini
- ½ cup green beans
- 1 boy choy
- ½ cup edamame beans
- ½ avocado, sliced
- ¼-1/2 cup tahini
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Cook brown rice according to packet instructions.
- Slice up the tempeh and dip in soy sauce or coconut aminos. Arrange on a lined baking tray and pour over remaining sauce. Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until crisp.
- Meanwhile, chop and steam the broccolini, green beans, bok choy and edamame as desired.
- Arrange rice, tempeh and greens in bowls, drizzle with tahini and enjoy immediately. Alternatively, store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Please leave a comment below if you made this recipe, have any questions or thoughts! Your comment will help other readers and Rainbow Nourishments.