Vegan chocolate peanut protein balls, just like snickers in bite form!
When life gets busy, you make your favourite dessert into bite-sized snacks! These snickers bliss balls are extremely easy to make, are super satisfying and have the perfect balance of sweetness and saltiness.
These bliss balls are based on my snickers cheesecake, which are one of the most popular desserts in my cake business. I love it because it's got a perfect balance of all worlds. It's got a sweet layer of caramel slice, satiating crunchy peanuts and smooth cheesecake. (you can get the recipe for this snickers cheesecake from my ebook):
In order to simplify things, I came up with these snickers bliss balls. In one bite, you are instantly satiated by a not-too-sweet peanuty brownie filling and a crisp peanut crumbs.
I made this recipe for a local cafe/restaurant and they were SO ridiculously popular! My partner, who doesn't really eat peanut butter, even devoured 6 of these in one sitting!
Snickers bliss balls
- 3 cups peanuts, (I used unsalted blanched roasted peanuts)
- 1 ¼ cup dates, soaked in water overnight
- ½ cup cocoa or raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp coconut nectar, to taste
- Pinch of any good quality salt
- Add peanuts to a food processor and blitz until it forms coarse crumbs. Scoop out ¾ cup of peanut crumbs and set aside.
- Drain the dates and add to the food processor with the cacao powder, coconut nectar and salt. Process until combined. The mixture should be firm enough to roll into balls. If it is too dry, add a dash of water. If it is too wet, add more peanuts.
- Roll mixture into balls and roll in the crushed peanuts.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for a few months.