Fudgy and decadent vegan sweet potato brownies loaded white chocolate chips and raspberries! You can’t even tell there’s sweet potato in it!
The first time I had vegan sweet potato brownies, they were from a local cafe and I was super sceptical about tasty they’d be. Why? Because I previously made black bean brownies but used accidentally used very salted canned black beans so my brownies were basically inedible. HA! Instead, the sweet potato brownies I were irresistible and I couldn’t stop at one bite. I normally can have ‘great self-control’ with these brownies were AMAZING! I wanted to replicate them!
After a few trials and error with different ratios of sweet potato, coconut sugar, flour and chocolate, I nailed it!
And oh gosh, these were delicious. They aren’t the sickly overly-sweet type of brownies. The tart raspberries balances out the sweetness and white chocolate provides a lovely textural contrast to the fudgy brownies.
The brownies only have 10 ingredients too! Winning at every step of the way!
I hope you enjoy them!
Love chocolate? Check out some of my other recipes:
- Vegan Zebra Bundt Cake with Caramel Sauce
- Ultimate Vegan Chocolate Smoothies
- Vegan Triple Chocolate Cookies (THE BEST!)
If you try this recipe, I would love to hear about it! Please leave a comment below and rate it. This will help me, other readers and allow this blog to be seen by more people! If you post it on social media, please tag @rainbownourishments and #rainbownourishments.
If you have questions about this recipe or blog post, please leave a comment below and I will respond as soon as possible. Rainbow Nourishments receives a high number of questions through social media and email and is unable to respond to each individual query. Comments on this post are more likely to receive a response!
Loaded Sweet Potato Brownies
- 1 cup (200g) sweet potato puree
- 3/4 cup (190mL) plant-based milk, such as almond, soy or coconut
- 1/2 cup (110g) melted vegan chocolate
- 1/2 cup (65g) raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup (50g) white vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Line a 20cm (8-inch) square baking pan with baking paper.
- Add all the dry ingredients to a medium-size bowl and mix until there are no lumps. Add all the wet ingredients to the bowl and mix until combined and smooth. Pour the brownie batter into your baking pan and smooth the top.
- Scatter the raspberries and white chocolate chips onto the brownie batter. Gently press them into the surface.
- Bake the brownies in the oven for 15-20 minutes (shorter if you like them fudgy, longer if you would like them more crispy). The brownies are ready when the surface is dry. They will set more over time.
- Allow the brownies to cool in the baking pan.
- When you are ready to serve the brownies, remove them from the pan, slice them and enjoy!
- Depending on your climate, the brownies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 day. Alternatively, store them in the fridge for 1 week or in the freezer for up to 1 month.