Vegan, gluten-free, dairy free, no-churn gingerbread cookie dough ice cream sandwiches! In this recipe, I combine one of my favourite desserts cookie dough ice cream with one of my favourite desserts of the festive season, gingerbread! Also, can you believe that it’s already October?!?!
I adapted the cookie dough recipe from my ebook. Call me biased, but I love it because it has a delicious roasted nuts depth and caramelly tones from coconut sugar. I combined it with a simple no-churn vanilla ice cream as I love having ice cream at this time of the year. Do I really need to explain myself?!
If you’re similar to me and get really stressed at this time of the year and tend to eat anything in your sight, I recommend that you shop at bulk food health stores! I love going to my local Naked Foods so I can get just the amount of ingredients I need for a recipe. That means no wastage and no anxiety about expiring food in my pantry.
Oh and I’ve created a video for this recipe! I recently have become addicted to cooking videos as it’s so much easier to take in information than reading, especially at the end of a day.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Let me know if you’d like to see me develop any festive recipes over the next few months xo
If you try this recipe, I would love to hear about it! Comment below or, if you post it on social media, tag @rainbownourishments and #rainbownourishments!
This post was sponsored by Naked Foods. However, as always, all opinions expressed in this post are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that allow Rainbow Nourishments to be sustainable.
Gingerbread cookie dough ice cream sandwiches
Gingerbread cookie dough
- For the gingerbread cookie dough, add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix with a spoon or with hands. If your mixture is dry, add a dash of water and mix until combined. The dough should be pliable and easily rolled into balls. (1)
- Press half of the dough into a lined loaf tin to form a flat base. Turn the tin over onto a flat surface allowing the base to pop out.
- Press the second half of the dough into the lined loaf tin.
- For the ice cream, add all ingredients except the maple syrup to a high-powered blender. Blend until extremely smooth.
- Pour half of the ice cream mixture into the tin. Spoon maple syrup on top then swirl with a knife. Pour the second half of the ice cream mixture into the tin and repeat with the remaining maple syrup.
- Set tin aside in the freezer for at least 4 hours or until ice cream is firm.
- Press the remaining dough on the top of the set ice cream, then set in freezer for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Cut into slices with a sharp knife and enjoy!