Decadent, fudgy and crispy vegan brownies! They brownies only need ONE BOWL, are easy to make and have no weird ingredients!
These are basically my PERFECT brownie because they have crisp edges, a fudgy interior and are oh so decadent.
To make things easy, you only need one bowl to make these vegan brownies (minus the buttercream). All you need to do is add the dry ingredients to a bowl. Add the wet ingredients. Mix then you can bake them!
If you prefer conventional bakery-like treats, use organic granulated sugar (to make sure it's vegan) in the brownies and make the buttercream out of vegan butter and powdered sugar. If you prefer not to have refined sugar, use coconut sugar in the brownies and the cashew cream recipe in the notes section!
No weird ingredients!
To make these brownies, you only need a few SIMPLE ingredients such as flour, oil, water and chocolate. That means you don't need to rush to the shops and you'll be able to bake them for any midnight cravings.
Even though these brownies are vegan, you don't need an egg replacer! The baking powder helps the brownies cook in the oven and the cacao butter from the chocolate forces them to stay well in-tact after cooking!
If you don't like vegan butter, use a light-tasting vegetable oil (which is my preference). The oil actually makes the brownies more moist!
Also, the brownies don't need odd ingredients such as aquafaba, apple sauce or flax seeds! What are you waiting for?!
These brownies are worth their weight in gold!
I recently co-hosted a dinner for over 70 guests and served these brownies with a peanut butter frosting. They were very popular and many many people asked for the recipe. Chefs don't normally give out the recipes that you paid good money to eat. I mean, why would you - chefs take days, months or years to perfect a recipe. Many are trained in their craft. Why would they give away their trade-secret recipes online?!
However, I recently closed my cake business and changed the focus of Rainbow Nourishments to enable me to reach a larger audience. As my website gets a decent amount of traffic and my social media reaches a large audience, it is worth for me to share some of these 'trade-secret' recipes with you. So, here it is!
Rainbow Vegan Brownies
Brownie Dry Ingredients
Brownie Wet Ingredients
- ½ cup (125g) dairy free milk, such as almond, soy or coconut
- ½ cup (120mL) melted vegan butter OR light-tasting vegetable oil, such as sunflower, rapeseed or refined coconut
- ¼ cup (55g) melted vegan chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Line a 20cm (8-inch) square baking pan with baking paper.
- To make the brownies: Add all the dry ingredients to a medium-size bowl and mix until there are no lumps. Add all the wet ingredients to the bowl and mix until combined and smooth. Pour the brownie batter into your baking pan and smooth the top.
- Bake the brownies in the oven for 15-20 minutes (shorter if you like them fudgy, longer if you would like them more crispy). The brownies are ready when the surface is dry. They will set more over time.
- Allow the brownies to cool in the square baking pan. Cover the pan and place them in the fridge overnight to set.
- To make the frosting: Add the vegan butter to a large mixing bowl or stand mixer. Use electric beaters or a stand mixer to whisk the butter on high for 5-10 minutes or until it has become pale yellow and is light and fluffy. Add all the powdered sugar and vanilla extract to the bowl. Whisk the frosting on low for 1 minute or until combined. Increase the speed of the beaters or stand mixer to high and whisk for 3 minutes or when the frosting is light and fluffy.
- Divide the frosting into 3 bowls. Add the beetroot powder to one bowl and the blue spirulina to another bowl. Mix the frosting with the powders until combined. Decorate the cooled brownies as desired. Slice to serve.
- Depending on your climate, the brownies can be stored in an airtight at room temperature up to 1 day. Alternatively, store them in the fridge for 1 week or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Please leave a comment below if you made this recipe, have any questions or thoughts! Your comment will help other readers and Rainbow Nourishments.