Herbed sweet potato pizza crust topped with the most moreish satay tofu and roast vegetables! Heaps of chain pizza stores in Australia (such as Dominos, Crust and Pizza Capers) have recently introduced vegan pizzas with decent toppings including avocado, pulled jackfruit, marinated tofu, sweet potato and vegan cheese! It’s super exciting because it means I don’t have to miss out on pizza night when my friends/partner want one!
I recently tried a satay tofu pizza at one of the above chains and thought it was an amazing combo. So I set myself on a mission to create my own.
I’m a big fan of tasty and wholesome pizza bases so used sweet potato as a core ingredient in it. You can also use pumpkin! I made a satay sauce with a coconut aminos sweet chilli sauce, peanut butter and garlic. So simple and so easy which means it’s on a quicker route to my stomach!
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
If you try this recipe, I would love to hear about it! Comment below and rate it as it would really help us and other readers! If you post it on social media, tag @rainbownourishments and #rainbownourishments.
- 3 cups peeled and uncooked sweet potato, chopped roughly
- 2 tbs chia or flax seeds, finely ground
- 1 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast, optional
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 200 g firm tofu
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 2 tbs peanut butter
- 2 tbs water
- 1 tbs coconut aminos sweet chilli sauce, or 1 tbs coconut nectar and chilli flakes to taste
- 1/2 red capsicum
- 1/2 zucchini
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup olives
- 1/2 cup tomato pizza sauce
To decorate (optional)
- 1/2 cup fresh rocket
- nutritional yeast, as desired
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- For the pizza base, boil the sweet potato for about 15 minutes or until soft then drain.
- Add all of the pizza base ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth and combined.
- Spread pizza base mixture on 1-2 lined baking trays into circular or oval shapes. The base should be about 5mm thick.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until the middle is no longer wet.
- Meanwhile, chop the tofu into cubes about 1.5cmx1.5cm. In a bowl, combine the garlic, peanut butter, water and cocominos. Toss through the tofu and set aside.
- Thinly slice the toppings.
- Spread the tomato pizza sauce on the pizza and arrange tofu and veggies evenly. Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until toppings are cooked.
- Slice pizza and garnish with rocket and nutritional yeast. Enjoy immediately. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat leftovers in the oven.