Roasted maple BBQ cauliflower bites in sweet potato wraps with a herby butter bean spread and loads of fresh vegetables. The wraps are wholesome finger-licking goodness!
You take your first bite into these wraps and you taste:
- wonderfully soft and savoury sweet potato wraps,
- a heavenly layer of butter bean puree,
- the crunch of fresh vegetables and a
- WOW from the saucy roasted cauliflower.
Vegan BBQ Maple Cauliflower Bites
These cauliflower bites are reminiscent of honey chicken wings or bbq pork ribs I indulged in as a child. The sauce is sweet, a little tangy and has the wonderful flavour profile of bbq sauce!
All you have to do is:
- Cut the cauliflower into florets. Prepare the batter and dip the florets in. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Prepare the maple bbq glaze. Dip the battered cauliflower in the glaze. Bake for another 10 minutes
Then you're one step closer to bliss!
Assembling the wraps
First, make your butter bean puree and spread thickly on your wraps!
I always love packing my wraps with lots of fresh vegetables to complement the main filling.
Since the cauliflower is pretty strong in flavour, I preferred subtle and fresh vegetables such as salad leaves, cucumber and capsicum. Vegetables such as zucchini, spinach, lettuce and tomatoes would work too!
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
Other vegan lunch and dinner ideas
Maple BBQ Cauliflower Wraps
Maple BBQ Cauliflower
Butter Bean Spread
- 5 wraps, of choice
- 1 medium bell pepper / capsicum, deseeded and sliced thinly
- ½ cup (20g) red cabbage, sliced thinly
- 1 small cucumber, sliced thinly
- 1 cup (15g) salad leaves
To make the cauliflower:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Line 1 tray with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, water and spices and mix until smooth. Dip each cauliflower floret in the batter making sure all sides are covered but shaking off the excess. Place the battered cauliflower on the baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes or until the florets are tender.
- In another medium bowl, combine the barbeque sauce and maple syrup and mix until combined. Toss the battered cauliflower in the sauce and return them to the baking tray. Bake the cauliflower for another 10 minutes or until golden.
To make the butter bean spread
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth.
To assemble the wraps
- Place a wrap on a clean surface. Spread one side of the wrap with the butter bean spread. Place the cauliflower and vegetables on the spread and collect the sides to form a wrap. Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container until you're ready to eat.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.