The best vegan chocolate smoothie you'll ever have! Packed with ice cream, frozen bananas and real chocolate, this smoothie reminds me of thick shakes from McDonalds!
This vegan chocolate smoothie only has 5 ingredients and packs a punch! When combined, the smoothie is:
- thick and creamy
- chocolatey and decadent
- sweet but not sickly
When is it a good time to have smoothies?
Always! Smoothies are my go-to when I'm feeling hungry or, lately, nauseous and lost my appetite.
They take NO time to make and are really easy to swallow. I love that I can pack heaps of ingredients in them and keep my energy up for the day. I often have smoothies for breakfast with a heck load of homemade granola so it's closer to a complete meal.
How to customise these vegan chocolate smoothies
When you make these smoothies, you can also add:
- Cinnamon powder
- Nut butters especially almond or peanut butter!
- Protein powders
- Granola either store-bought or homemade such as my nutella granola
- Other fruits, such as cherries or berries to make it taste like your favourite dessert!
I love thick brain-freezing smoothies but if you prefer the consistency of milkshakes, simply add more milk.
I prefer my smoothies to be light on the cacao powder as they remind me of milk chocolate. However, if you prefer dark chocolate, add all of the cacao powder you want!
Don't like bananas?! Simply omit them and use more ice cream! If you don't have any ice cream on hand, substitute it with more frozen banana!
I hope you enjoy this recipe xo
If you try this recipe, I would love to hear about it! Please leave a comment below and rate it. This will help me, other readers and allow this blog to be seen by more people! If you post it on social media, please tag @rainbownourishments and #rainbownourishments.
If you have questions about this recipe or blog post, please leave a comment below and I will respond as soon as possible. Rainbow Nourishments receives a high number of questions through social media and email and is unable to respond to each individual query. Comments on this post are more likely to receive a response!
Chocolate Banana Smoothie
- ¼ cup (45g) roughly chopped chocolate or chocolate chips, melted (optional)
- 1 ⅓ cup (~150g) frozen banana chunks
- 1 cup (~135g) vegan chocolate ice cream
- 1-1 ½ cups (250-375mL) dairy free milk, such as almond, soy or coconut
- 1 tbsp (6g) cocoa or raw cacao powder, optional
- Extra vegan chocolate ice cream and berries, to serve
- Optional: Pour melted chocolate into two jars and smear the chocolate on the sides.
- Add the banana, ice cream, milk and cocoa powder to a blender and blend until smooth. Add more milk if you would like your smoothie to be thinner.
- Pour the smoothie into 2 jars. Top with extra chocolate ice cream and berries. Serve immediately!
This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. This helps me maintain the costs of running Rainbow Nourishments.