Vegan Roasted Pumpkin Alfredo
Vegan roasted pumpkin alfredo topped with toasted walnuts and crispy sage leaves. The recipe is minimal fuss but has maximum flavour!
Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
- ~1 ¾ cup (200g) butternut pumpkin, roughly chopped
- olive oil, as needed
- 1 medium-size brown onion, chopped roughly
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled but whole
- 1 cup (130g) raw cashews, soaked in water for at least 2 hours
- ½ cup (125mL) dairy free milk, such as almond, soy or coconut
- ½ cup (125mL) vegan-friendly stock, or more milk
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- Generous pinch of any good-quality salt, and pepper
- 2 serves pasta or ravioli, gluten-free if needed, cooked to packet instructions
- ¼ cup (30g) walnuts
- Fresh sage leaves
- Olive oil, as needed
Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
Spread pumpkin on a lined baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Add the onion and garlic to the baking tray. Bake for another 10 minutes or until everything is golden and soft.
Add the roast vegetables and rest of the sauce ingredients to a high powered blender. Blend until it is as smooth as possible. Pour the sauce over your cooked pasta and mix. Divide into 2 serving bowls.
If desired, add the walnuts, sage leaves and olive oil to a small fry pan over medium-high heat. Saute for 5 minutes until the walnuts and sage are fragrant and toasted. Sprinkle on top of your hot pasta. Enjoy!