We welcomed the new year with these raspberry and almond butter overnight oats. They are perfect for a hot summer morning where you need something relatively cool but will give you the energy to do all of the energetic (or lazy) outdoor activities that you love. It’s a really easy, healthy and quick breakfast to prepare! Of course, you can substitute the peanut butter for the almond butter :).
I hope you all had a berry good festive break? We spent our break in Melbourne with my partner’s family. There were plenty of opportunities for me to get creative in the kitchen, make as much food as I want and feed people (just what I love).
We went berry and cherry picking at a local farm in the new year so I set myself on a mission to use up all of the fruit in recipes. Across two families, we picked over 10 kgs of fruit!Fruit picking (for leisure) is so much fun. I have a greater appreciation of all the people who pick fruit for a living!
We stuffed our faces with raspberries during the picking process. It was heaven!
The richness of the almond butter and creaminess of the oats and chia really complements the sweet and tart notes of the raspberries.
I hope you love these as much as I did!
If you try this recipe, I would love to hear about it! Comment below or, if you post it on social media, tag @rainbownourishments and #rainbownourishments!
Raspberry and almond butter overnight oats
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- The night before, add all oat ingredients to a large jar or container. Shake or stir until combined then set aside in the fridge.
- In the morning, mix oats with a spoon to ensure all ingredients are distributed evenly and there are no large clumps.
- Add 1 cup of raspberries to a bowl and mash with the back of a fork. Separate into 4 glass jars or cups.
- Layer the oats on top of the raspberry puree. Dollop almond butter into each jar.
- Scatter remaining raspberries on oats. Enjoy!