I hate having random leftovers in the fridge. But I love it when I actually use these leftovers to make something that’s not just edible, but DELICIOUS.
This rainbow parfait was like a lively fruit salad party in my mouth.
The pomegranate arils went BAM.
The nectarine pieces cheered ‘YAY it’s summer.’
The cherries and raspberries were so sexy.
The matcha chia pudding was oh so healthy and yuppie.
The sticky black rice was a zen and grounded ‘designated driver’… with the carbs to sustain you to your next meal/snack!
I’m going to give you the recipe for this, but it is by no means the ONLY way to make a delicious parfait. Just look around your kitchen, see what leftovers you’ve got, chuck them together and hope for the best.
I believe in you!
Rainbow fruit and black rice parfait
- ⅓ cup plant-based milk, such as almond, soy or coconut
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- ⅓ cup cooked black sticky rice
- 1 nectarine, chopped
- ¼ pomegranate, arils only
- Handful of other fruits, to garnish (I used raspberries and cherries)
- At least 2 hours beforehand, combine chia seeds, coconut milk and matcha powder in a bowl and mix together. Set aside in fridge.
- Prepare the fruits.
- Spoon half of the black sticky rice in a glass or jar. Pour some coconut milk over the rice, if desired.
- Continue to layer your glass or jar with pomegranate arils, nectarine pieces, remaining black rice and matcha chia pudding.
- Garnish with additional fruit as desired.