Purple sweet potato and coconut tarts which are healthy and have a unique flavour profile.
Purple sweet potatoes are dense, sweet, complex and beautiful. Coconuts are light, tropical and have an aroma of adventure. These two magical ingredients are magically combined in this tart recipe.
Purple Sweet Potato and Coconut tarts
- ½ cup dates, soaked in water for at least 2 hours
- ½ cup coconut
- ½ cup rolled oats
- Pinch any good quality salt
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Cut the potatoes into halves, wrap them in foil and bake them for about 30 minutes. They are ready when a knife can easily be inserted into the middle of the potato.
- When the potatoes have cooled down, peel off any crispy bits e.g. skin.
- Line four individual tart dishes with baking paper or brush with oil.
- Drain all of the dates from the water.
- For the crust: In a food processor, whizz all of the crust ingredients until they all come together. Press the mixture into the bottom of the tart dishes.
- For the filling: In a food processor, whizz all of the filling ingredients until very smooth. Pour and spread the filling into the tart dishes.
- Bake in oven for 30-45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Eat warm or at room temperature. The tarts go perfectly with a drizzle of coconut cream and fresh fruit.