Seriously, what more could you want out of a dessert? These are the perfect Summer snack and are super easy and quick to make. You don’t have to be vegan to enjoy these… my non-vegan partner devoured them quickly (I should’ve made more)!
The beauty of nut butter or peanut butter is that it doesn’t freeze 100% which makes it a perfect base for ice cream. These babies are naturally sweetened with dates and, if you’re like me and love texture, you can leave rough chunks of dates in your mix so you get little bursts of caramel when you munch on these.
The crunch of the chocolate is to die for and the sweet tartness of the raspberry jam really complements the richness of the peanut butter.
For those who prefer watching videos of recipes, here you go:
I hope you enjoy making these!
If you try this recipe, I would love to hear about it! Comment below or, if you post it on social media, tag @rainbownourishments and #rainbownourishments!
Peanut butter and jam ice cream bites
Peanut butter ice cream
- 1/2 cup dates, soaked in water for 2 hours
- 3/4 cup canned coconut cream
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, (I used crunchy)
- Pinch any good-quality salt
Raspberry chia jam
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1-3 tablespoons any light-coloured sweetener, such as rice malt syrup or maple syrup, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Drain dates and process in a small food processor or with a whizz stick until it forms a smooth paste.
- Add the date paste to a bowl with the coconut cream, peanut butter and salt. Mix until combined. Spoon the mixture into a piping bag with a large circular nozzle and pipe into a silicon ice cube tray. Set aside.
- For the raspberry chia jam, add all ingredients to a bowl and mash with the back of a fork. Liquid should seep out of the raspberries and thicken with the chia seeds. Spoon mixture into the ice cube tray on top of peanut butter mixture. Freeze the tray.
- After 4 or so hours when the peanut butter mixture has set, start making the chocolate. Add all chocolate coating ingredients to a bowl and whisk until combined and thickened. Make sure that your chocolate is emulsified and there is no oil floating on top. To emulsify the chocolate, keep whisking or use a whizz stick to combine.
- Pop the peanut butter bites from the ice cube tray and dip each into the chocolate. Set bites aside on a lined baking tray and freeze again. When the bites are fully frozen again, store in an airtight container. Enjoy bites straight from the freezer.