It’s warming up here in Australia, especially where I am in Canberra, so I’m celebrating with ice cream sammies! These babies are vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free and oh so delicious. The cookies are chewy and crispy with a fresh touch of lemon and moreish white chocolate.
The ice cream takes these sandwiches to the next level. And because you’ll be storing them in your freezer, they last ages… unless you eat them all beforehand!
The cookies can certainly be enjoyed by themselves. I had one for afternoon tea and another for breakfast before I even got to take these pictures. The cookies are pretty fail-safe as you just have to add all ingredients to one bowl and mix. The next time I’m babysitting kids, I’ll definitely make these with them!
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
If you try this recipe, I would love to hear about it! Comment below and rate it as it would really help us and other readers! If you post it on social media, tag @rainbownourishments and #rainbownourishments.
Lemon and white chocolate cookie ice cream sandwiches
- 1 heaped cup white rice flour
- 1 heaped cup blanched almond meal
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup light-tasting vegetable oil, such as sunflower or rapeseed
- ¼ cup any light-coloured sweetener, such as rice malt syrup or maple syrup
- 2 tbs plant-based milk, such as almond, soy or coconut
- ½ cup or 50g plant-based white chocolate
- 1-2 lemons, to taste
- 3 cups plant-based ice cream
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients until there are no lumps. Mix in the wet ingredients until combined.
- Roughly chop the white chocolate and add into bowl.
- Zest and juice the lemons and add into bowl. Mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Grab tablespoons of the cookie dough, roll into balls and flatten with hands. Arrange flattened dough on a lined baking tray
- Bake cookies in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- When the cookies have cooled, scoop ice cream onto half of the cookies and sandwich them with the remaining cookies. Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month.