People often ask me what I keep in my fridge and pantry to sustain my lifestyle as a vegan. If you judge me by my social media feeds which are 80% desserts, you probably think that I just eat cake all day. Some days are definitely like this, not out of choice but necessity as I have to taste test my own food. However, on most days, I prefer to fill up my plate with veggies, legumes, fruit and healthy fats!
I recently posted the above picture on social media and was asked about the contents. Here’s a run down:
- Top shelf: Overnight oats and chia pudding coloured with beetroot powder, blue spirulina and matcha, bliss balls, avocado, tomatoes, cashews soaking in water and dried chickpeas soaking in water.
- Second shelf: passionfruit, spinach leaves, strawberries, tahini, broccoli, apples and beetroot.
- Third shelf: zucchini, purple sweet potato, kale, bananas, carrots, lemons and a layered banana cake (you can find a similar recipe for the banana cake here).
- ‘Big Fresh Zone’ containers: radishes, onions, mandarins, capsicum, spinach leaves, butternut pumpkin.
- Extra space compartments: cheesecake slices, bliss balls, spinach leaves.
I try to incorporate a range of light green veggies and heavier carby veggies in my diet! I often accompany this with a healthy fat such as tahini or avocado.
Since I spend so much time in the kitchen, it’s important to me that all of my appliances are top-notch and can handle large amounts of food. Appropriately, I have partnered with LG Australia to do a review on their most recent refrigerator, the LG Instaview Door-in-Door fridge.
First of all, the fridge is a massive 708L and is so beautiful! It has a sleek and minimal design which will be the first part to building my dream kitchen.
The fridge has heaps of storage options allowing you to store A LOT of food. It’d be perfect for those times I need to cater for large events or when I entertain guests. The fridge’s fan assisted carbon deodoriser helps circulate air between the three shelves, minimises those odd fridge smells and helps me keep my food for longer!
My favourite feature is the glass door which illuminates after two knocks. I’m a huge snacker so it allows me to see into the fridge without opening it all of the way. The glass door is also great as I often have cakes setting in the fridge which shouldn’t be disturbed. By minimising the amount of times I open the door, I also help conserve energy. Win, win right?!
Would you like to snack on this kombucha and mini cake with me?
The fridge also has a water dispenser and ice maker which will be perfect for the warmer seasons!
Would you like to own a fridge like this in your home?
If you try any of these recipes, I would love to hear about it! Comment below or, if you post it on social media, tag @rainbownourishments and #rainbownourishments!
This post was sponsored by LG Australia. However, as always, all opinions expressed in this post are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that allow Rainbow Nourishments to be sustainable.