Don’t you love it when you can prepare breakfast the night before… wake up, roll out of bed then eat?! I’m not the most functional person in the morning. If I don’t eat within 1 hour of waking up, I tend to get jittery and moody. And even if I’ve planned to meet a friend for breakfast, I tend to eat a little something before I go otherwise it’s likely that I’ll have a car accident!
I love buckwheat porridges because they are:
- quick and easy to make
- so versatile
- can be eaten hot or cold
- are more nutritious than rolled oats
- when blended properly, have a wonderful thick-smoothie texture to them!
Even my man-child partner, who is one of the fussiest eaters I know and usually steers clear of ‘healthy wholefoods’, ate a whole jar of this porridge! Woo, little wins!
I used Almond Breeze’s Unsweetened Vanilla Flavour milk to make the porridge. I added some maple syrup to the porridge but you can also use any other vegan sweetener (rice malt syrup, coconut nectar), bananas or dates! But to be honest, with the earthy and fragrant milk, you don’t really need a sweetener!
Tell me, what’s your favourite easy breakfast?
This post was sponsored by Almond Breeze. However, as always, all opinions expressed in this post are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that allow Rainbow Nourishments to be sustainable.
Basic buckwheat parfait
- The night before, soak the buckwheat in enough water to cover.
- Drain the buckwheat in a sieve and rinse with water.
- Add buckwheat, milk and maple syrup to a blender. Blend until as smooth as possible. (It should be the consistency of thick yoghurt)
- Pour buckwheat into 3-4 jars or bowls. Top with muesli/granola and fruit. Enjoy!