What do you do with leftover vegetables? Make rainbow unicorn food aka vegetable fritters!!! These have become my go-to snacks as they are soo versatile and tasty. And it’s a great way to use ANY of your leftover vegetables – no need to chuck your leftovers in the bin (or for me, the compost) – make some fritters instead!
I used to make only zuchinni fritters. Although these are still a favourite of mine, I found that I always had leftover cabbage, carrots and other vegetables in my fridge. Realistically, XYZ vegetable isn’t always in season,…
Here are some examples/inspiration of possible fritter combinations. For these ones, I used leftover red cabbage, beetroot, carrot and coriander,,, and I grated a leftover knob of ginger and combined it with soy sauce and tahini as a dipping sauce! Sooo yummy. You could use leftover pumpkin, zuchinni, mushrooms, potato. You name it!
These ones have red cabbage, spinach and carrots:
Baked vegetable fritters
- Any leftover vegetables, grated
- Wholemeal self raising flour or gluten-free flour + baking powder
- 1 tsp chia or flax seeds, finely ground
- Nutritional yeast, salt or pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl with 1/2 cup water. Mix until combined.
- Form into patties and put onto baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 20 or so minutes. Flip and bake until the edges are crispy.
- Serve with a dipping sauce, salad etc or eat plain!