Asian style vegan kelp noodle salad which is low carb and low fat.
I just came back from a mini trip back home (Sydney) where I indulged in a little too much delicious food. I can't complain but my body is craving some fresh and light vegetables! I made this asian kelp noodle salad to satisfy those cravings and fill in those nutritional deficits! Haha. The salad happens to be low-carb and soy free too :). It's an almost-raw stir fry reminiscent of Asian take away food, without all of the nasties. It can be eaten cold during Summer or heated up during Winter.
Have you tried kelp noodles before? I had them once in a raw food cafe/restaurant and fell in love! They were like al dente clear sweet potato Korean noodles. I got them from my local health foods store to experiment with, because why not?!
Kelp noodles don't have much of a taste so it's alll about the seasonings in this recipe. I used my favourite Niulife Cocomino Teriyaki Sauce and just a bit of sesame oil to flavour these noodles and it was spot on. I prefer letting the noodles and veggies soak in the marinade for a couple of hours to help soften everything and to help the flavours distribute in the dish
Feel free to use whatever vegetables you like! I just used vegetables which I wouldn't mind eating raw which makes this recipe more versatile.
Asian style kelp noodle salad
- 350 g kelp noodles
- 1 zucchini, spiralised or julienned to make 'noodles'
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup baby spinach, loosely packed
- ¼ cup Niulife Coconut Aminos Teriyaki Sauce
- ¼ cup pepitas
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 3 tbs sesame oil, to taste
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix. If you prefer softer noodles and vegetables, sit mixture for 2 hours to overnight
- Distribute among serving plates and enjoy!
Please leave a comment below if you made this recipe, have any questions or thoughts! Your comment will help other readers and Rainbow Nourishments.