I celebrated the first day of winter with a bowl of ICE CREAM!!! Mwahahaha…
Well to be fair, this nicecream bowl is a ‘perfect transition’ from Autumn to Winter as the apple mixture is warm and the nicecream is cold… ok no more segways or excuses… this recipe is just delicious!!!
Apple Crumble nicecream bowl
- 1-2 apples, sweet snacking type e.g. fuji, pink lady
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- Cinnamon and nutmeg to taste
- ½ cup mixture of oats, buckwheat, nuts and/or coconut
- 2 pitted medjool dates
- 1-3 frozen bananas, more, if desired, cinnamon and coconut syrup (or any other liquid sweetener), to taste
- For the apple mixture: Core the apples. Chop half of the apple(s) into cubes. Squeeze lemon juice over cubed apples and set aside.
- In a saucepan with a dash of water, boil the other half of the apple(s) and spices until soft. (This step is optional i.e. if you want a raw meal or can’t be bothered wink emoticon )
- Use a whizz stick to blend the apple and spices til it forms a thick puree. Combine with the apple cubes and chia seeds and mix through.
- For the rawnola: Use a whizz stick or small food processor to roughly combine the listed ingredients OR put all ingredients in a microwave to melt the dates and mix with a fork.
- For the nicecream: Use a powerful food processor to blend the frozen bananas until it turns into the consistency of ice cream. Add milk or water for a soft serve consistency or if your food processor needs some help!
- To assemble: Add all three components to a bowl. Swirl cinnamon and coconut syrup throughout your nicecream. Enjoy!