In Australia, we are one month into Spring and Christmas is just around the corner! Life and work are definitely getting busier and I suspect things will only pick up speed until Christmas. I’ve been craving cooler and filling breakfasts to keep me fueled for the day. These overnight oats did just the trick! They are sweetened with only fruit and the naturally-creamy oats fill me up to lunch time.
If you don’t normally eat breakfast at home, these overnight oats can easily be transported. Just pop a lid on your jar and enjoy your breakfast when you’re ready!
I hope you are all well and keeping afloat xo.
If you try this recipe, I would love to hear about it! Comment below and rate it as it would really help us and other readers! If you post it on social media, tag @rainbownourishments and #rainbownourishments.
Apple and blueberry overnight chia oats
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cup plant-based milk, such as almond, soy or coconut
- 1 tsp chai spices
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 medium-sized apple + dash of cinnamon
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- The night before, add the oats, chia seeds, milk and spices to a container and mix. Put the lid on the container and set aside in the fridge.
- The next morning, remove the core of the apple and chop the remainder into 1.5cmx1.5cm cubes. Add to a small saucepan with a dash of cinnamon and a dash of water. Bring to a high heat for 5 minutes then simmer on low until the apple pieces have softened.
- For the blueberries, puree with a stick blender.
- Layer the oats, blueberry puree and stewed apple in jars or bowls. Enjoy immediately or keep in the fridge for up to 3 days in an airtight container.