Quick and easy almond butter cookies reminiscent of those bright and playful sugar cookies I loved as a kid! However, these are vegan, refined sugar free, gluten free and sooo easy to make! The cookies have only 5 ingredients and the frosting only has 3 ingredients (plus natural colourings).
These cookies remind me to stop, breathe and play in my hectic lifestyle. So much has been going on for me/us recently. My partner and I have to move out of our home in a few weeks, I've been working with a Sydney cake business/wholesaler to create an endless amount of recipes (see my post here), managing a small business and just life's ups and downs, you know?!
However, creating these cookies makes me wonder: does life have to be as serious as many people make it out to be?!
I think many people forget to play. It's only when I'm with young kids (or my partner ha) that I stop, slow down, smell the roses and use our vivid imaginations to appreciate or play with what's in front of us.
As you know from my previous recipe on maple cinnamon unicorn donuts, I'm collaborating with Just Blends to celebrate their launch of themed bundles of superfood powders and cute silicone moulds! I used their Mermaid Pack to create these fun and colourful cookies. I love supporting this business as it's locally owned, the owner has become a good friend of mine and their products are so beautiful! Their superfood powders are pretty affordable compared to their competitors and you only need a pinch of the powders to get a beautiful hue of the rainbow. A little goes a far way!
Plus, Just Blends has kindly offered my followers 10% off their purchase! Just use the code RAINBOW10 at discount!
These cookies are super fun and easy to make so would be ideal for kids or adults who like a bit of colour in their lives! I hope you enjoy making them xo
If you try this recipe, I would love to hear about it! Comment below or, if you post it on social media, tag @rainbownourishments and #rainbownourishments!
This post was created in collaboration with Just Blends. As always, all opinions expressed in this post are 100% my own.
Almond Butter Mermaid Cookies
- Preheat oven to 160C
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine all cookie ingredients. The mixture should be firm but malleable.
- Roll out mixture onto a chopping board so it is around 5mm thick. Cut out circles with a cookie cutter or a jar. Combine remaining dough and repeat until all dough has been used up. Arrange cookies on a lined baking tray.
- Bake cookies in oven for 10-12 minutes.
- For the mermaid shapes, melt the white chocolate and cacao butter/coconut oil over a double boiler. Separate into three bowls and mix the superfood powder into each bowl. Pour into Just Blends Mermaid Pack silicone moulds and place into freezer. When the chocolate is dry to the touch, very carefully remove from moulds. Set aside.
- Make the frosting by combining all ingredients in a bowl. Separate mixture into 3 bowls and mix each superfood powder into each bowl. Pipe or spread frosting on cookies. Arrange white chocolate shapes on frosted cookies as desired.
- Keep cookies in an airtight container the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for a few months.