I’m one of those weird people that love drinking smoothies at ANY time of the year. Over the weekend in Canberra, the temperature reached a mighty top of 6 degrees. That didn’t stop me as I had 3 smoothies on Sunday. If I’m upset or tired, my partner knows a smoothie (or some rainbow colours) will cheer me up. If I’m in a rush, I’ll have a smoothie. If I need some down time, I’ll have many many smoothies.
Smoothies are medicine for my soul. Maybe it’s because they require minimal effort (no chewing, yay!). Maybe I love how they are quickly digested but can leave you full for a while (depends on your toppings). Maybe I just love the idea of incorporating chocolate things into main meals.
To cheer myself up on a Monday morning, I created a wild breakfast smoothie spread with all of my favourite things. This is probably the most simple recipe on my blog but that’s the great thing about smoothies! I thought I’d share it with you because smoothies are such a staple in my life!
This post was brought to you through a collaboration with Just Blends. While Just Blends provided the pink dragon fruit powder used in this recipe, all opinions expressed in this post are 100% my own.
- 3 frozen bananas, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp canned coconut cream + 1 ½ cup water (or 1 ½ cup drinking coconut milk)
- 1-2 tbsp Just Blends pink dragon fruit powder
- Peanut butter, raspberry chia jam and edible rose petals
- Chocolate nut butter, cacao nibs
- Coconut caramel sauce
- Coconut, granola, puffed grains
- Fresh and dried fruit
- Put all smoothie ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until very smooth.
- Pour into bowls and decorate with toppings as desired. Eat immediately!