Rainbow Nourishments is a food blog and raw cake business based in Canberra celebrating colourful vegan food. In this class Anthea, the owner of Rainbow Nourishments, will demonstrate how to make and decorate a raw vegan ‘cheesecake’ from plain nuts and wholefoods. She will demonstrate step-by-step techniques she uses to decorate her iconic cakes. Participant will decorate and bring home their own raw cheesecake (valued from $50). Participants will be encouraged and allowed to experiment with a range of colours, flavours and styles. All cakes are vegan, free from refined sugar and gluten.
The class is suitable for:
- People with a little to a lot of experience preparing raw desserts
What you will get:
- Explanation of key ingredients and equipment used to make raw vegan cheesecakes.
- Demonstrations on:
- Preparing a layered vegan cheesecake from scratch, including how to flavour it in different ways
- Perfecting the surface and sides of a cheesecake
- Dripping chocolate or fruit puree on the sides of the cake
- Preparing the ‘frosting’ for a cheesecake and piping techniques
- Other cake decorations such as chocolate shards and bliss balls
- Your own small raw vegan cheesecake valued from $50.
- A copy of Anthea’s ‘Nourishing treats’ ebook retailed at $20. The ebook has 25 recipes that are mostly raw and a detailed cake decoration guide. The ebook contains a lot of the information that will be covered in this workshop. (If you have already purchased the ebook, contact Anthea at email@example.com to get a discount on your workshop ticket.)
- All necessary tools, equipment and ingredients.
- A wholefoods dinner. Bring your appetite!
- Plenty of opportunities for questions and answers! Anthea strives to answer all questions openly and honestly and gives you all of the information you need!
What to bring:
- A reusable container to bring food home
- Pen and notepad
Anthea is the chef, food blogger, food stylist behind Rainbow Nourishments. Anthea grew up with parents who owned restaurants and catering businesses, so food is her ‘first language’. Anthea develops and shares colourful vegan recipes through her blog and social media to a following of over 120,000 people. She also owns a vegan cake business in Canberra where she creates bespoke cakes and supplies regularly to cafes.
Anthea has developed and photographed recipes for many Australian businesses including Australian Blueberries, Coles, Naked Foods, Mayver’s Food, Table of Plenty and Niulife Coconut. Anthea’s food and photography has appeared on the front pages of local and international print media and online.
Terms and conditions
- Class content is subject to change at the teacher’s discretion.
- A minimum of 8 participants are required to run the class.
- No refunds are permitted. If you paid for a class and cannot attend, you may transfer your ticket to another person but you are responsible for finding the other person. You may not transfer your ticket to a future class.
If you have any other questions, feel free to contact Anthea at firstname.lastname@example.org.