Who loves pancakes? Imagine enjoying fluffy oil-free pancakes without the fuss of flipping them and waiting by the stove until they are ready. Just blend the ingredients, pour the mixture in a pan, bake, walk away and your breakfast will be ready in 20 minutes! Child-friendly, easy and quick!
Pancakes were the first thing I learnt to cook when I was child. However, when I moved out of home as an adult, I was informed by my partner that the non-stick teflon pan I used religiously had properties that caused cancer (especially when the pan is old and the teflon starts going into your food). Here’s an article about these issues. I switched to stainless steel pans but rarely could make pancakes without a heck load of oil. Plus, I have a tendency to burn things in the kitchen!
I thought, if you can fry pancakes, you must be able to bake them right?! Over many attempts, I came up with a super easy recipe using just a few ingredients: oats, banana, baking powder and mylk. You can even sub the mylk with water if you don’t have any!
To make it a bit more special, you can decorate the pancake with fruit such as plums, nectarines, apples or whatever you desire!
In winter, I use this recipe a few times a week. If you don’t have a large oven-safe pan, you can just pour your pancake batter into circles on a lined baking tray and bake them for 15 minutes.
If you try this recipe, I would love to hear about it! Comment below or, if you post it on social media, tag @rainbownourishments and #rainbownourishments!
- 1 ½ cup oats
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 2½ tsp baking powder
- 1 very ripe large banana large
- ½ tsp vanilla bean powder (optional)
- 2 plums, thinly sliced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until combined and the oats have broken down. The mixture should be the consistency of regular pancake batter.
- Pour pancake mixture into a large oven-proof saucepan.
- Arrange plums on pancake as desired.
- Bake for around 30 minutes or until the centre is cooked.
- Let pancake rest for 5 minutes then serve warm with maple syrup!